Location, location, location.
It’s not just about real estate anymore – it’s about the success of ANY local business.
Remember when the best way to find a local business was to look in the Yellow Pages or circular mailers? No longer. Now it’s Google, Yelp, Manta, City Search, and Superpages. Flagstone’s local SEO services connect your products and services with locals.
If you’re nowhere to be found when your customer searches online, you’ve lost.
The good news: because there is less competition with local business than there is with national or global business, it can be easier to make headway in local SEO.
So how do we get you on the map?
Actually, that happens to be a super-secret sauce thing. A very proprietary process. Seriously. Not even kidding. If you need help with your maps positioning, feel free to schedule a consultation now.
- The Google 3-pack (maps) appears in the top spot in 93% of searches with local intent
- 50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day, and 34% who searched on computer/tablet did the same
- 50% of local-mobile searchers are looking for business information like a local address
Local SEO services
- Google Local Optimization. When people search in Google for local businesses, often a Google Local 3-Pack of businesses with a map will show up. People also may search directly in Google Maps itself. Flagstone will help you show up higher in Google Maps so your clients find YOU.
- Bing Places for Business. Google is the big player in the search engine game with an estimated 66% of search traffic, but Bing is no lightweight, with its own 20% of search traffic. Flagstone registers your site with Bing and follows up to ensure you’re appearing.
- Reviews. More positive reviews equals more trust, equals more people willing to try your goods or services. One additional star can cause a 5-9% jump in revenue. Flagstone encourages, organizes and verifies reviews, placing you a cut above the rest.
- Geo-Targeting. Flagstone checks to see if you are targeting your customers correctly with your geo-targeted search marketing campaigns. If you sell kitchen cabinets in Omaha, but all your ads only show on the east coast, you’re in trouble.
- Landing Pages. Creating location-specific landing pages for all locations gives your potential customers an immediate sense that they’ve come to the right place. Flagstone creates landing pages that will impress and reassure your visitors.
Be on local search directories where your customers are looking
75% percent of internet use will be mobile in 2017, up from 71% this year.
Source: Reuters, 2016
Today your customers are using an average of 8 different sources to find local information, from apps to local websites to search engines. Our PowerListings Network includes nearly 50 of the leading search engines, local websites and mapping apps. These sites, including Facebook, Yahoo!, MapQuest, Yelp and more reach more than 150 million people a month.
- Social: Did you know 13% of local searches are happening through social networks? Your customers are looking for businesses where their friends check in, tag photos and “Like.” Flagstone makes sure your business is listed and accurate on all social networks.
- Navigation: When a customer has chosen your business, it is essential for them to be able to make it to your door. Flagstone ensures your information is up-to-date and complete in navigation services.
- Online directories: Online directories get information in a roundabout way, and often details can be inaccurate. Flagstone helps you control your presence on online directories across the internet.
- Mobile apps: Local search and mobile devices were made for each other. Flagstone ensures you’re listed in the most popular apps so your customers can find you on-the-go.
72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
Source: WordStream, 2016
Page updated April 30, 2017