Carlton R. Smith
Google and Bing have recognized me as a certified professional, meaning that I’ve passed multiple exams assessing my online marketing expertise. I’m qualified to help you grow your business on the web using a variety of SEM & PPC methodologies — Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, as well as some very proprietary retargeting and geo-fencing display ad techniques.
- SEO Expert and web consultant to businesses throughout the country
- Director of E-Commerce, International Expeditions
- Senior Editor of Search Engine Optimization, Time Inc.
- Travel Editor, Time Inc.
- Concept Writer & Editor, Hecklers.com (RIP), Birmingham, AL
- Senior Editor, Vulcan Media (RIP)
- Stringer and Fact-Checker, The Sunday Times, London, UK
- Arts & Entertainment Editor, The Vail Trail (RIP), Vail, CO
- Helped to launch a new nutritional supplement with a custom WordPress website with parallax effects, SEO, PPC, and inbound marketing components. Within 4 months, the product ranked on page 1 of Google for highly competitive terms in the natural herbal supplement niche.
- Implemented an SEO & PPC campaign for a Birmingham law firm. The goal was to gradually spend less on pay-per-click and spend more on organic SEO. We implemented a call-tracking program, and 4 months later, the firm is generating more SEO leads than paid leads.
- Helped my client win his election for the State House of Representatives. We built a custom theme on the Nationbuilder platform, and the candidate was able to quickly raise money, build a social media following, and communicate with prospects and constituents.
- Implemented an SEO, PPC, and inbound marketing campaign for a medical publishing company that exceeded revenue and a significant pipeline of leads.
- Exceeded web-enabled revenue by 30% and online bookings by 34% in 2013 with aggressive strategy of SEO, SEM, PPC, and Emarketing for a worldwide travel company
- Increased organic search referrals by 20%, leading SEO campaign leveraging custom web content from freelance writers.
- Exceeded organic search traffic +19% in FY12 with aggressive SEO campaign.
- Launched and project managed Drupal website redesign, hiring external vendors and project managing.
- Launched online travel portal aggregating content from Southern Living, Sunset, Coastal Living, Cottage Living, and Southern Accents magazines.
- Led advertising partnership with travel portal website, 10Best.com.
- Member of the digital team that won:
- Society of American Travel Writers Lowell Thomas Award
- “Byways of the South” web-exclusive feature, 2007
- Honored with a Webby Awards Honorable Mention—“Best Site Redesign” SouthernLiving.com, 2006